Saturday, December 21, 2013

Day at the Atelier, "Hydrangeas and Persimmons"

"Hydrangeas and Persimmons," oil, 10"h x 8"w, ©Jill Banks 2013
It was the closing reception for the "Squares" exhibit at the Artists' Atelier (the studio I share with 14 other artists at 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA) ... and surprisingly for this time of year, there were LOTS of Atelier artists there ... along with many happy visitors. It sure beat fighting the crowds at the mall.

Today reminded me how much I love sharing studio space with these folks. Our time spent together, creating art, sharing laughter and our lives through the years has built great friendships.

Not only was the company super nice, I had the chance to paint.

"Hydrangeas and Persimmons" were the result -- a new little one. The persimmons were gifts to my parents from their friends, the owners of Iceberry's in the Reston Town Center.

You will probably hear from me again before Christmas but I'm taking this opportunity now to wish you ... a VERY Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!!!

You can't have too many well wishes, right?

Sign Up for Classes and Workshops that Start January
Mastering the Business of Art -- two-day workshop January 4 & 5
Still Life in Oils -- Tuesdays, 10am-1pm (Full with wait list)
Portrait Painting -- Sundays, 1:30pm-5:30pm
All taught through the Great Falls School of Art (1144 Walker Road, Suite D, Great Falls, VA).  See the Classes page on my Web site: www.JillBanks.com. Don't wait! (Please. I don't want you to miss out.)


Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
 
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

Artists Atelier, Great Falls VA website: GreatFallsAtelier.com 

Events
See the events page on my website.  Thanks!


Richeson75 Birds,
Animals and Wildlife Online Exhibition "La Chien de Grange," my painting of the (magestic) Giverny barn dog was chosen as one of 75 outstanding artworks for the Richeson Birds, Animals and Wildlife exhibition now viewable online at: http://www.richeson75.com/wildlife/index.html

No comments: