Tuesday, May 22, 2012

"Self Portrait" Start Today and Painting at the Brogue

"Self Portrait" work in progress, oil on Raymar panel, 24"h x 18"w, ©Jill Banks 2012
I would prefer to paint this in one day, but with Still Life class this morning, and some other breaks in painting time ... this will need a extra, full painting session. I've wanted to do a self portrait since last year's "100 Faces in 100 Days" project ... just other projects have taken priority. My thought for trying this now was that I needed some sort of transition from painting landscapes for the Wayne Plein Air competition to getting back to a major portrait commission. Better mess with my face than someone else's.

Tomorrow, May 23, from 1 to  4 pm (at least), I'll be painting at the Old Brogue Irish Pub in Great Falls, VA. This time I'll be painting the bar -- and I'm really looking forward to tackling the warm interior and light. I hope you can come check out the progress!

Exhibits and Events

May 1-31, "Out and About" Solo Show, Katie's Coffee at the Old Brogue, 760-C Walker Road, Great Falls, VA. Painting on site: Wednesday, May 9, 1-4pm and Wednesday, May 23, 1-4pm.  Check back here before coming in case times change or dates/times are added. Thanks! Preview the exhibit here.
 
May 20-June 23, Wayne Plein Air Exhibition 2012, one of 34 artists juried to participate in a plein air competition and exhibit in and around Wayne, PA (May 15-19). Gala Preview and Artists' Reception, Saturday, May 19, 6-10pm at the Wayne Art Center. Exhibition to follow May 20-June 23 at the Wayne Art Center.  Eight pieces for purchase/on exhibit.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
 Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project

Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

1 comment:

Jerry Stocks said...

Great likeness--love it!!!