Friday, May 11, 2012

"Coffee or Tea?" Painting In Progess

"Coffee or Tea?" work in progress, oil on Raymar panel, 16"h x 20"w, ©Jill Banks 2012
I did paint at Katie's Coffee in the Old Brogue (where my solo exhibit "Out and About" hangs this month) on Wednesday ... setting up my easel right about 12:59pm. Not exactly what I planned, but life decided it was it charge ... not me. Thank you to those of you who watched or talked with me. There's more to do on this one, I think primarily because my painting surface was not cooperating. I'll have to build the paint up ... much more.

This is a tardy report because yesterday took me to the Art League store, gallery to look at the exhibit, a short visit with Margaret Cerutti (friend and organizer of all those art historical tours Randy and I have been on) and another short visit with Danni Dawson - artist, teacher, mentor. In the afternoon, I worked (slightly) at touching up this painting before heading to the Spring fundraiser for the McLean Project for the Arts to celebrate 50 years connecting the community with the arts and help propel it for fifty more. What an extraordinary organization of volunteers, staff, sponsors and supporters!  Pretty extraordinary.

And, today I was trying to get organized. That's not a one-day job, but soon it's off to a week for Wayne Plein Air. I'm not ready, yet here it comes.

Exhibits and Events

May 1-31, "Out and About" Solo Show, Katie's Coffee at the Old Brogue, 760-C Walker Road, Great Falls, VA. Painting on site: Wednesday, May 9, 1-4pm and Wednesday, May 23, 1-4pm.  Check back here before coming in case times change or dates/times are added. Thanks! Preview the exhibit here.
 
May 15-19, Wayne Plein Air Festival 2012, one of 34 artists juried to participate in a plein air competition and exhibit in and around Wayne, PA. Gala Preview and Artists' Reception, Saturday, May 19, 6-10pm at the Wayne Art Center. Exhibition to follow May 20-June 23 at the Wayne Art Center. 

Web: www.jillbanks.com
 Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project

Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: