Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Little Painting Time on "Francie's Peonies" and Lots of Labels

Almost done. "Francie's Peonies" work in progress day two, oil on Raymar panel, 12"h x 16"w, copyright Jill Banks 2011
Just a quick post ... because I only had a little time to paint today. Mainly I'm putting together signs/labels for all my 100 Faces ... which is taking FOREVER. Amazing. So when I needed a break, I worked more on my demo painting from yesterday. It's getting there. I am again at the point that all I want to do is paint, paint, paint. I'm inspired. Excited. Dying to just see what can happen.

You know the reception for my 100 Faces in 100 Days Exhibit is coming up this Saturday, May 7, 2:30-5:30pm at the Great Falls Library, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA 22066. You and your friends and family are cordially invited. I hope to see you there! I wrote a blog post about each and every one of my great volunteers. Have fun reading up on blog posts from January 1 to April 10 or take the easier approach by checking out my 100 Faces pages at www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html (there are two of them) on my web site. You can link to each person's blog post by clicking on photos of their paintings.

Also, my "Mastering the Business of Art" workshop is coming up soon (May 25 & 26). If you're interested, please sign up now. Take a look at my web site: www.JillBanks.com, Classes page.

100 Faces in 100 Days Exhibits
Mark your calendars for the 100 Faces exhibit events. All 100 faces will be on view two times this Spring/Summer. These will be WONDERFUL, not to be missed exhibits. Come see everyone!
May 3-31 at the Great Falls Library, Great Falls, VA
Reception: Saturday, May 7, 2:30-5:30pm
Demo/Artist’s Talk: Saturday, May 21, 2-5pm

August at the Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
Reception: Friday, August 12, 6-9pm
Ice Cream Social: Saturday, August 13, 2-4pm

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: