Thursday, May 26, 2011

"Little Miss Muffet's" Painting Today

"Little Miss Muffet's," 10"h x 8"w, oil on linen, copyright Jill Banks 2011
Another quick post ... because tonight's day two of my "Mastering the Business of Art" workshop.

"Little Miss Muffet's" is the painting of the day. Actually, I had so little time to paint today ... I went back to this painting I had left incomplete about a year ago. (Maybe?) This spider and cup typically sits on the countertop in my kitchen. Seems to amuse me. So, I absconded with it ... and took it off to my studio. I made plenty of changes ... like substituting the pear (something I have) in place of a nectarine (something I didn't have). The "100 Faces in 100 Days" project taught me to rethink backgrounds and elements and just do what I think works. Reality doesn't always rule.

So, off to class.


Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: