Saturday, May 14, 2011

Expanded Studio and Colvin Run Historical Street Fair This Sunday

My newly expanded, spiffed up space at the Artists' Atelier in Great Falls, VA
The Artists' Atelier, the studio I share with 15 other artists, will be open tomorrow, Sunday, May 15, noon to 4pm at 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls, VA 22066. The Colvin Run Historic Street Fair celebrates the Colvin Run Neighborhood's 200th anniversary. Lots going on in the School House, at the Atelier and Great Falls School of Art, and at the Colvin Run Mill. Please stop by to see some art and enjoy refreshments.

Expanded Studio Space
The new wall
On May 1, I took out additional space upstairs in the Atelier, widening and deepening the space for more walls to hang art and more foot space ... so I have room to set up a still life or have someone sit for me and I can still stand back. Today, Randy and I hung more work, put down some more gray rubber tile (easier on the feet) and settled in. I haven't utilized the extra foot room but ... I can't wait!

My house currently has a lot of hooks missing their paintings. With the Artists' Atelier show (with "Dining Al Fresco," "Through the Window," "Elizabeth" and "Summer Reading") at the Candy Factory in Manassas, my 100 Faces in 100 Days exhibit at the Great Falls Library (with my 100 Faces plus five more favorite paintings) and all the additional paintings in my studio, it's never been clearer that I have lots of  painting to do. Well, great!

Register Now for My "Mastering the Business of Art" Workshop
Creating a successful art career requires more than just creating appealing art.  This two-part workshop covers the fundamentals of planning and establishing a career as a professional artist.  Topics include goal setting, studio setup, purchasing supplies, pricing your work, exhibiting and selling, grants, marketing, social media and more!  Jill began art classes in 2003 and has successfully built a rewarding art career  through sales, commissions, awards, grants, gallery representation and teaching.  This popular class is held once a year.  Do not miss this opportunity!  For more information on me visit: www.jillbanks.com.
Wednesday, May 25 and Thursday, May 26, 6:30-9:30pm
$100 plus $20 booklet fee (booklet fee paid directly to instructor)
Please register by May 19. Late registrations are tough to manage. Thanks!

100 Faces in 100 Days Exhibits
All 100 faces will be on view two times this Spring/Summer.  Come see!
May 3-31 at the Great Falls Library, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA
Demo/Artist’s Talk: Saturday, May 21, 2-5pm
August 1-31 at the Gallery in the Artists' Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066
Reception: Friday, August 12, 6-9pm
Ice Cream Social: Saturday, August 13, 2-4pm

www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: