Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Kensington Gardens" Drawing from London ... And 100 Faces

"Kensington Gardens," ink wash/pen&ink/pencil, copyright Jill Banks 2011
Last Day in London Revisited
I've got to be quick ... since there's still loads to do tonight. But here is the drawing I did the last day in London (on Sunday) after spending a great time exploring the Wallace House collection. I wish the fountains had been on ... but it was an awfully beautiful place nonetheless.

I sat next to three women (a mom and her two grown daughters) and they were fun folks to share a bench with. I was drawing the scenery, but I wanted to concentrate on them. I did get permission to photograph them to create a painting of them sooner or later. They were a bit reluctant at first, but warmed to the idea. When I do get around to it, I'll look at the photos but think about hearing their voices and laughter right next to me.

Me with 27 of the 100 Faces. Imagine being surrounded by all of them!
Lots and Lots of Faces
I've been working on getting my act together for hanging the 100 Faces in 100 Days Exhibit next week. This is one complicated undertaking. This 100 business makes each task take SOOO much longer. On the plate today was working on painting edges I'd neglected, practicing my talk for tomorrow at the McLean Community Center, and pulling together info and photos for the press. Photos of individual paintings (faces) from my project don't really convey the scope of it. So here's an attempt of giving a clearer picture of what it's about. Sort of. I'm using different photos for my press releases but here's one ... just for you. You can read all about the project ... one face/person at a time on this blog ... posts from January 1 to April 10.

100 Faces in 100 Days Exhibits
Mark your calendars for the 100 Faces exhibit events. All 100 faces will be on view two times this Spring/Summer. These will be WONDERFUL, not to be missed exhibits. Come see everyone!
May 3-31 at the Great Falls Library, Great Falls, VA
Reception: Saturday, May 7, 2:30-5:30pm
Demo/Artist’s Talk: Saturday, May 21, 2-5pm

August at the Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
Reception: Friday, August 12, 6-9pm
Ice Cream Social: Saturday, August 13, 2-4pm

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: