Monday, August 16, 2010

Donut Painting

After a few days of struggling, I returned to something easier. No pressure. Another donut painting. (See the still life section in the gallery pages at www.jillbanks.com to see more paintings of food, among other things.)

Last year I went on a binge of donut painting ... creating a whole series of little depictions of donuts, cupcakes, candies and the like. They are great for changing gears, easing tensions,  and just having fun.

This one's called "On the Edge Donut." In the last post, I talked about going big. Large canvases. This latest one's 5"x5". How's that for consistency?

If you're near Alexandria, VA ... I hope you make it a point to stop in to see the 'Scapes Annual Landscape Exhibit at the Art League Gallery in the Torpedo Factory. My painting "Rainy Day in NYC" won Best in Show and is hanging in a very nice spot waiting for you to take a look. The show continues until September 6 at 105 No. Union Street, Alexandria, VA.

Register for Fall classes. I'm teaching "Still Life Painting in Oils" and "Portrait Drawing and Painting" through the Great Falls School of Art. Go to my Classes page on my web site for more info. 


I'll write more soon. I painted another little one ... of my sister-in-law Cindy ... today. So maybe you'll see it tomorrow.

"On the Edge Donut", oil on canvas, 5"h x 5"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: