Friday, August 20, 2010

Back to Three Sons in the Brogue

This post is a few days late getting to you... I've been too pooped to post. After a good night's sleep last night, I'm a new person. I'm really ready to paint today. So here are my thoughts from three days ago. Better late than never.
That donut practice helped. (See yesterday's post.) Painting was FUN today. Troubles were few. I didn't want to stop. (That's not that unusual.) I get to the point in the painting that I'm deeply intrigued by it. I want to see where it's going to go. The painting just seems to unfold.  (The painting looks better than the photo reveals. Wet paint makes it look splotchy -- but it's not.)

Still, I did have to stop to make it to an art appointment... so I have more to do on this piece. But, I enjoyed making progress.
See "Painting at the Old Brogue, Day Three and Progress" for my earlier post on this painting's start.

Still "Untitled" work in progress, 16"h x 20"w, oil on Senso linen, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

I am going to be holding my "Sketching the Town" workshop this Sunday, August 22.  Go to my web site, click on Classes for more information and definitely let me know if you're planning to be there!!! Email me with any questions.

Plus, now is the time to sign up for my Fall classes in portrait drawing and painting (Mondays 10am-1pm starting September 13) and still life painting in oils (Tuesdays 10am-1pm starting September 14). Class size is limited. My next post will include more info, too, but again, go to the Classes page on my web site for a course description, supply list, and link to a registration form. Don't wait!

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: