Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Moving and Glitches

Moving and glitches. Aren't they synonymous? With our closing/move date looming (two days), life's consumed with closing doors and "protecting" contents from one day to the next ... like baggies, shampoo, forks, glasses, keys, cell phones, etc. Ever tried to snack on ice cream without a spoon, napkin or bowl?

Art's suspended for a few days, certainly. I hope to have a paintbrush in my hands by Sunday.

Glitch of the day: Verizon managed to turn off our Internet service three days prior to our move. (Not nice!) Means I can't update my web site, send out/respond to emails easily (or quickly), or post to my blog without hanging out at Panera (where I am now). It's making me cranky. (Lack of sleep's helping that cause, too.)

Since I can't paint ... here's a previous painting done during a painting workshop in Easton, MD. Called "Delivery" ... the pile of boxes seemed apropos. I had actually been painting two hired models posed looking into the window when these delivery trucks showed up. I have to be flexible as a painter. Hmmm. Perhaps that's the general lesson of the day.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435 

No comments: