Thursday, July 8, 2010

"Birds of a Feather" Finalist in The Artist's Magazine's Annual Competition

"Birds of a Feather," the image I chose for my "Painting the Town" show card (that's arriving in mailboxes all across the country this week), has been selected as a finalist in The Artist's Magazine's 27th Annual Art Competition. This is my third time making the finalist cut in these competitions. Interestingly, each time I've done that, it's been in a different category. This time, I was selected in the Landscape/Interior category. My name will appear as a finalist in the December 2010 issue.

Previous finalists include "Alan" in the Portrait/Figure category (2005) and "Max" in the Animal/Wildlife category (2008).

The winners have already been chosen -- so I won't be getting top honors this year -- but it is an honor to be chosen as a finalist in this competition that draws over 10,000 entries each year.

Amidst my house move (packers/movers arrive next week), my only slightly facetious next post on the "Pleasures of Packing" is rattling around in my head. Bet you can't wait.

By the way, I updated/changed info on my single-day workshops held now on August 14, 15, 16, 22, and 23. See my web site: www.jillbanks.com  classes page, for more info. I also added supply list info for that and my still life workshop (August 3-5). I hope you sign up!

"Birds of a Feather", 18"h x 24"w, oil on linen, copyright Jill Banks 2010: can be seen at my "Painting the Town" exhibit at Katie's Coffee in the Old Brogue Irish Pub, 760 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA 22066 through July 31. Reception: Sunday, July 25, 2-5pm. You can view images of the show on my web site. Don't just view that page, though. Take a look through my gallery pages for my Places, Market, Portrait, Still Life and Drawing galleries.

"Alan", 30"h x 24"w, oil on linen, copyright Jill Banks 2005.
"Max", 12"h x 12"w (I think), oil, copyright Jill Banks 2008.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435 

No comments: