Saturday, July 3, 2010

Beautiful Day at the Great Falls Farmers' Market Today

I couldn't have asked for a better day ... perfect weather, plenty of appreciative visitors, a painting purchased, plus lots of people interested in one thing or another. It's always hard work -- figuring out what to bring and hang and setting up the tent and display. Four hours later, we're breaking it back down.

The painting that sold, "The Donut Line-Up," was one of my favorites. (I do have quite a few of those.) But, this painting brings a smile to my face every time I think about it. "The Donut Line-Up's" purchaser had seen it at my booth last year -- and had really wanted it. It, for her, is tied to childhood memories, the Dunkin' Donut days. She decided today that she'd make it hers. Yea!

The other fun thing about today was directing people to my show "Painting the Town" at the Old Brogue, right around the corner from the Farmers' Market. (See the show, "Painting the Town" online here.) Plus, I was getting tremendous feedback from people who saw it already. How wonderful is that?

I'm proud of this show. There are only 13 pieces in it because that's what fit into the space ... but each one is special. They are the cream of the crop.

Plus, the Old Brogue is the place everyone gathers in Great Falls. Like "Cheers." Everybody knows your name. They're always glad you came. If the town had a mayor, the Old Brogue's proprietor, Mike Kearney, would be it.

The show hangs from July 1-July 31. The reception is Sunday, July 25, 2-5pm at (Katie's Coffee at) the Old Brogue Irish Pub, 760 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA 22066.

Two photos: one of my booth and one of (husband) Randy resting on the grass. (We loaned our lawn chairs out to son Sam and his fiancé Michelle for the weekend.)

"The Donut Line-up", oil, 4"h x 12"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009. Sold. See more of my still life paintings of food (among other things) in the still life section of the gallery on my web site: www.jillbanks.com.

Happy 4th of July!!!

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: