Wednesday, May 3, 2017

"Like Apple and Oranges" (With an Owl) and First Friday Art Walk

"Like Apple and Oranges" (with and owl), oil, 20"h x 16"w, ©2017 Jill Banks

"Like Apple and Oranges" has  already had a rough ride to fruition.  I worked on a very different version of this yesterday between my two classes. Cleaned up after my Evening Paint class. Loaded a lot of stuff into my car. Put this wet painting on the roof while taking care of odds and ends. Started my drive home.  Oops. After back-tracking,  I did see it laying face down on the road.  Interesting new texture.

Then today, I added the owl, changed the background and forefront colors and did just about every other imaginable alteration.   But ... it was fun.

There is a TON of paint on this canvas.  Might have to charge by the pound. (Just kidding about that part.)  It might make it the first First Friday Art Walk in the Village (Great Falls, VA) of the year that happens on May 5, 6-8pm.  Even if you visited my studio for this past weekend's ArtFest ... what will be on the walls at the Atelier in my space will be new.  So, come for a visit and to say "hi."  Location: Artists' Atelier, 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA.

Donna Barnako will be showcasing her jewelry in the Arts of Great Falls Gallery during the First Friday Art Walk only.  Three joint studios will be open. Two galleries.  Many artists.  Make a night of it! See below for a link with more info.

"Village Centre Walk" at TD Bank for First Friday

"Table on the Green," oil, 16"h x 12"w, ©2016 Jill Banks
Five of my pieces will also be on view in the TD Bank Petite Gallery a few short steps away.  Work there will include "Village Centre Walk" -- my painting that will be auctioned off to help the Walker Road Streetscape Project.  Raffle tickets will cost $50 each. A maximum of 100 tickets will be sold.  You might be the winner.

Events

May 5: First Friday Art Walk in the Village Centre, 6-8pm -- Start at the Artists'Atelier, 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA. See you there! (The Artists' Atelier is open Wednesdays, noon to 4pm and Saturdays, 10am to 2pm)

May 20-21: Northern Virginia Fine Art Festival, Reston, VA

June 2-4: Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Show, Philadelphia PA

June 5-11: Bucks County Plein Air, Philadelphia PA

June 28-July 4: Telluride Plein Air, Telluride, CO

September 23-24: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, NY

Thanks very much for reading and your interest in my art. I hope to see you soon! And thanks to all who visited Fairfax Corner or the Great Falls Artfest this past weekend.  And, huge thanks to my parents to greeting each guest to the Atelier in Great Falls.
Jill Banks
Blog: For my latest news and works, visit or subscribe to my blog Life as an Artist at jillbanks.blogspot.com
Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/Jill-Banks-Studio-278493468836508/ (Please like that page if you like it...)

No comments: