Tuesday, May 9, 2017

"Hitched" in Charleston SC

 www.JillBanks.com

Okay, that's perhaps a little misleading ... since husband Randy an I got hitched (married)  a whole lot of moons ago in Bryn Mawr, PA.

"Hitched," oil, 16"h x 20"w, ©2017 Jill Banks

I'm on a short, personal painting trip to Charleston, South Carolina and this is my second piece of the trip -- created plein air at the spot the horse and carriages line up waiting for their passengers.  Many a horse came and went ... but there was always a stand-in to inform my painting. What a wonderful day!

I added "Hitched" to the Animals, Birds and Wildlife gallery on my web site although it could also go in the Places section. Hopefully, you feel free to explore all.

More donkeys, horses, fountains, tree-lined vistas to come this week.  I think one of the fountains at Waterfront Park is up next.

We're planning to eat at Sorghum and Salt tonight. The menu looks incredibly innovative ... another artist feeding an artist.  My review of dinner will come tomorrow.  (Just in case you want to know.)

Prior to this trip, I've only spent one afternoon in Charleston. It's an enchanting city and I'm looking forward to every moment spent here.  Love the hospitality. Wading is allowed in the fountain I'm planning to paint. Right near it are rows of wooden swings and casually arranged outdoor seating areas for chatting. Hospitality is in full force.

Paintings In Different Places
  • See "Got Your Goat" at the Great Falls Library, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA through May 31
  • See "Hudson River Morn" -- the view from my hotel room shower window in NYC -- at the Art League Gallery, 105 N. Union Street, Alexandria, VA through June 4, 2017. Open exhibit juried by Dana Shearin. 
  • See five paintings of Great Falls including "Village Centre Walk" -- a painting to be raffled off by Celebrate Great Falls to raise funds for the Walker Road Streetscape Project at the mini Gallery at TD Bank on the corner of Walker Road and Georgetown Pike in Great Falls, VA. ($50 per raffle ticket. 100 tickets - maximum sold.)
 Work is spread around elsewhere as well (like the American Women Artists Online Showcase)...

Events

May 20-21: Northern Virginia Fine Art Festival, Reston, VA
June 2-4: Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Show, Philadelphia PA
June 5-11: Bucks County Plein Air, Philadelphia PA
June 28-July 4: Telluride Plein Air, Telluride, CO
September 23-24: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, NY
 
Thanks very much for reading and your interest in my art. I hope to see you soon!
 
Jill Banks
 
Blog: For my latest news and works, visit or subscribe to my blog Life as an Artist at jillbanks.blogspot.com
Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/Jill-Banks-Studio-278493468836508/ (Please like that page if you like it...)

"Daily Special," the Best in Show winner in the September 2016 BoldBrush Painting Competition (out of 1440 entries) found a new owner.
Recently Purchased:
"Daily Special"
"On the Rocks"
"Evening By the Lake"
"Pink Pond"


No comments: