Thursday, May 25, 2017

Last Day of Class -- Painting at Lake Anne

"Lake View," (with Marisol and Margaret) oil, 12"h x 16"w, ©2017 Jill Banks

While I need the painting time, I'm sorry to see this session's plein air class come to an end.  It was an unusually small class ... full of wonderful personalities and easy rapport. Now students scatter ... one to Spain, one to a year's adventure in Alaska, another to multiple trips ... and me to the many adventures that lay ahead.

The photo is pretty dismal but the day was grand.  I'll try again soon to get the image okay and then put it up on my website.

In just a week, I head to Philadelphia to set up for the Rittenhouse show (June 2-4) and Bucks County Plein Air (June 5-12).  I'm looking for someone to paint for my Friday afternoon demo at Rittenhouse (noon to 1pm). Have a solution for me? Please email me.

There are events ahead in the DC area ... like the First Friday Art Walk in the Village Centre in Great Falls, 6-8pm at 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA. I'll miss it because of Rittenhouse ... but if you are in the area, please attend.  In addition to work at the Atelier, there are five pieces at the TD Bank petite gallery -- open on First Friday from 6-7pm only. Hope you'll stop by!

Thank you to all who visited my booth at the Northern Virginia Fine Arts Festival at the Reston Town Center this past weekend. It was a wonderful show ... and our conversations were touching. Thanks to my new collectors, too!


Thanks very much for reading and your interest in my art. I hope to see you soon!
 
Jill Banks
 
EVENTS
June 2: First Friday Art Walk in the Village Centre, 6-8pm -- Start at the Artists'Atelier, 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA. See you there! (The Artists' Atelier is open Wednesdays, noon to 4pm and Saturdays, 10am to 2pm). TD Bank Petite Gallery is showing five of Jill's original oils and is open for the First Friday Art Walk, 6-7pm only.
June 2-4: Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Show, Philadelphia PA
June 5-11: Bucks County Plein Air, Philadelphia PA
June 28-July 4: Telluride Plein Air, Telluride, CO
September 16-17: 15th Annual Alexandria King Street Art Festival, Alexandria, VA
September 23-24: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, NY
 
 
Chosen as one of the Top 9 Painting and Drawing Teachers in the Washington DC area by Expertise.com.
https://www.expertise.com/dc/washington/painting-and-drawing-classes
Blog: For my latest news and works, visit or subscribe to my blog Life as an Artist at jillbanks.blogspot.com
Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/Jill-Banks-Studio-278493468836508/ (Please like that page if you like it...)

No comments: