Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Three More From Telluride

"Little Red," oil, 8"h x 10"w, ©Jill Banks 2015 ($650)



Painting the fire truck was the most challenging of these three ... with vehicles regularly parking in the median between it and my easel. Finally, the fire truck departed but not until after giving me an extra 15 minutes of modeling time. I needed it.

"Grilled Cheese," oil, 16"h x 12"w, ©Jill Banks 2015 ($1250)

"Grilled Cheese" was painted yesterday in the park in the heart of Telluride. Great sandwiches ... and apparently everyone knows it. I even had the benefit of a young boy sitting at the end of the bench. He kept trying out different poses. Not many of my portrait class models can come up with such a variety.

"Sheridan Stage Door," oil, 8"h x 10"w, ©Jill Banks 2015 ($650)
I painted "Sheridan Stage Door" yesterday afternoon. Telluride Plein Air benefits the Sheridan Opera House and this is its backside view. I loved the little peek inside the open stage door. An hour after finishing this, all the participating artists met inside that room to get acquainted and learn more about the week ahead.

All paintings I've been posting here from Telluride can be purchased any time this week.  Contact me via email or phone (see below) and I'll lead you through the purchasing process. Not sure yet? I'd be glad to show you any of the pieces framed in and around Telluride.

Official sale days happen in the park (where I painted the Grilled Cheese truck) on Friday through Sunday.

Hopefully, that's clearer than mud.

Talk to you soon!

Thanks for reading!



Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel


See the Events page for more info/updates
June 29-July 5: Telluride Plein Air, Telluride, CO.  Juried as one of 32 artists who will spend the week painting this very cool town lined with Victorian houses, bustling street against a gorgeous mountainous backdrop.
July 11-12: Wickford Art Festival, Wickford, RI
Working on a late afternoon painting yesterday in Telluride, CO
July 18-19: Westport Fine Art Festival, Westport, CT
September 19-20: Alexandria King Street Festival, Old Town Alexandria, VA
October 4: McLean MPA Artfest, McLean, VA
October 16-18: Great Falls Studio Annual Studio Tour, Great Falls, VA (I'll be at the Artists' Atelier, 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA)
December 3-6: One Of A Kind Show & Sale, Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL

No comments: