Thursday, June 18, 2015

Oceanside View ... Up for Judging at the Boardwalk Art Show

"Guard Duty," oil, 6"h x 6"w, ©Jill Banks 2015
Each weekend's been bringing me to a new spot. Last night Randy and I set up the tent while the waves lapped against the shore in Virginia Beach.  Sunset cast its glow on faces and beach. Really pretty.

"Crosswalk," 40"h x 30"w, oil, ©Jill Banks 2014
As this is my first time here, I have no expectations. It's a four day show at the beach, hot, highly competitive (high quality art), well run.  Tents line the entire beach.

I painted this morning before opening the tent at noon. My photos of "Shimmering Sea" are eluding me at the moment.

"Guard Duty" was painted tonight.

I was selected today for judging meaning that it's possible that I'll win an award for "Crosswalk" on Saturday night. Fingers crossed. That would be really neat! I kept receiving congratulations for making it through to the judging round.

A report is due on Chicago ... just not yet.

Thanks for reading!



Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel


See the Events page for more info/updates
June 18-21: VA Beach Boardwalk Art Show, Virginia Beach, VA. Visit my booth right on the boardwalk. #2302 between 23rd and 24th Streets on the Boardwalk.
June 29-July 5: Telluride Plein Air, Telluride, CO.  Juried as one of 32 artists who will spend the week painting this very cool town lined with Victorian houses, bustling street against a gorgeous mountainous backdrop.
July 11-12: Wickford Art Festival, Wickford, RI
July 18-19: Westport Fine Art Festival, Westport, CT
September 19-20: Alexandria King Street Festival, Old Town Alexandria, VA
December 3-6: One Of A Kind Show & Sale, Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL



No comments: