Tuesday, June 2, 2015

"Moon Glow" Nocturne of Great Falls VA

"Moon Glow," oil, 16"h x 12"w, ©Jill Banks 2015
Most of today has been spent figuring out what to bring/how to hang my booth for this weekend's Rittenhouse Square Art Show in Philadelphia. I have two alternative setups planned and now will see just how much husband Randy can fit into the van along with some clothes and painting supplies.

I'm giving a demo in the center of Rittenhouse Square on Sunday, June 7 at 1pm. Not sure what I'll be painting exactly but there are two days on site beforehand in which to figure that out.

Rittenhouse Square Show hours are
Friday, June 5, 11am to 7pm
Saturday, June 6, 11am to 7pm
Sunday, 11am to 5pm
Rain or shine ... but I'm hoping for shine!

I'll be in Booth #26 on Walnut Street. Come say hello! (Please pass the word, too.)
Map of Booth Numbers Around the Square
Rittenhouse Square Artists & Booth Numbers
Parking Info

Making Good Use of My Tent
"Moon Glow" was painted on Thursday night, right after Randy and I had set up the tent and turned on the lights. I've never before had quite that much illumination on my easel and palette for a nocturne. It was actually kind of strange to be capturing the little light on my subject with it so bright around me.  Eye confusion.

One of four "planned" walls for Rittenhouse. I adjust on site but these layouts sure help.
It was one of my two entries for Paint Great Falls turned in on Saturday. (The other was "Too Hot to Trot" which you can see on yesterday's post.) While my schedule was jam-packed with the plein air event and a weekend arts festival ... it was nice to have "mandatory" painting time on Thursday, Friday and Sunday (the Quick Draw).

Speaking of Paint Great Falls, Armand Cabrera put up a post "In the Judge's Seat" on his popular blog "Art and Influence" about what he looks for when judging an event -- prompted by having just performed that duty during last weekend's event. You can read it here. 

Thanks for reading!


Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel


Another planned "wall." Two paintings debut here: "Rocky Shores" and "Carmel by the Sea"
See the Events page for more info/updates

May 12-16:  Wayne Plein Air, Wayne and Philadelphia, PA. Juried as one of 30 artists nationwide to paint the area. Exhibit continues through June 26 at the Wayne Art Center
May 26 - June 5: Salmagundi Club Non-Member Painting and Sculpture Exhibition, Salmagundi Club, 47 Fifth Avenue, NYC. "Green Pastures" accepted into the exhibition.
June 5-7: Rittenhouse Square: The Original Art Show, Philadelphia, PA. Sunday, June 7: I'll be the official demoist at the show at 1pm.
June 18-21: VA Beach Boardwalk Art Show, Virginia Beach, VA. Visit my booth right on the boardwalk.
June 29-July 5: Telluride Plein Air, Telluride, CO.  Juried as one of 32 artists who will spend the week painting this very cool town lined with Victorian houses, bustling street against a gorgeous mountainous backdrop.
July 11-12: Wickford Art Festival, Wickford, RI
July 18-19: Westport Fine Arts Festival, Westport, CT
August 8-9: Mystic Seaport Outdoor Art Festival, Mystic, CT
September 20 & 21: Alexandria King Street Festival, Alexandria, VA
December 3-6: One Of A Kind Show & Sale, Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL



No comments: