Friday, February 13, 2015

"Payton in Purple" Finished

"Payton in Purple," oil, 20"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2015
I spent one more very full day at the studio on "Payton in Purple" -- the painting started during my January 31 demonstration at ArtSpace Herndon. 

Each moment at my easel brings me back to a place, or an experience. I relive all the fun. Decide where I'm "traveling" to for the day. Demo day at ArtSpace was fantastic -- with the treat of a wonderful model, happy audience, loads of fun.  That's what I thought about while making this painting just what I wanted it to be.

I'll be sending out a newsletter (subscribe here) today (Friday, February 13) -- one more urging to catch "Warm Observations: People and Places" before it closes on February 22.  But -- you can take the hint now.

Events and Exhibits
  • January 13-February 22, 2015: "Warm Observations: People and Places" Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, 750 Center Street, Herndon, VA. Hours: Closed Monday, Tue-Thur: 10am to 2pm, Fri&Sat: 10am to 5pm, Sundays: 1pm to 5pm. 48 original oils celebrating life on view.
  • February: "The Art of Romance," Atelier Group Exhibition, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA.Open Wed. and Sat., noon to 4pm
  • April 9 - May 1: Women Painters of the Southeast Annual Juried Exhibition, Blue Ridge, GA
  • June 5-7: Rittenhouse Square: The Original Art Show, Philadelphia, PA. 
    June 29-July 5: Telluride Plein Air, Telluride, CO.  Juried as one of 32 artists who will spend the week painting this very cool town lined with Victorian houses, bustling street against a gorgeous mountainous backdrop.
    July 11-12: Wickford Art Festival, Wickford, RI.
     
  • Paint with Me in Italy Plein Air Workshop: July 27 to August 2, 2015. Registration is now open. (This is where "Piemonte Lunch" was "born"!)
  • See the Events page for more info/updates
  • Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat.,
    12- 4pm
Thanks for reading!
Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel

No comments: