|"Ice Cold Lemonade," oil, 12"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2014. Purchased Thursday.|
"Ice Cold Lemonade" Purchased Thursday
Another painting was purchased at ArtSpace Herndon today -- this one "Ice Cold Lemonade." I like this idea of painting away in my studio and having someone see and be able to select a piece on view in the exhibit elsewhere. That's hardly a new concept -- it's what the gallery system is all about, but most other purchases of my art have been direct -- from an art fair, online, through the blog, from my studio. Maybe some combination of direct sales and representation of some sort is the way to go in the future. My whole experience with the exhibit at ArtSpace Herndon has been fantastic. Sorry to see it come to an end ... for now.
|"Piazza di Michelangelo," oil, 30"h x 24"w, ©Jill Banks 2014. Purchased today.|
And there it will have a couple of friends -- other purchases of my work made over the years. Yay!
So when Randy and I go to un-hang the show, we'll be packaging up "Ice Cold Lemonade" and "Piazza di Michelangelo" for their travels to new locations.
Events and Exhibits
- JUST SATURDAY AND SUNDAY LEFT: January 13-February 22, 2015: "Warm Observations: People and Places" Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, 750 Center Street, Herndon, VA. Hours: Closed Monday, Tue-Thur: 10am to 2pm, Fri&Sat: 10am to 5pm, Sundays: 1pm to 5pm. 48 original oils celebrating life on view.
- February: "The Art of Romance," Atelier Group Exhibition, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA.Open Wed. and Sat., noon to 4pm
- April 9 - May 1: Women Painters of the Southeast Annual Juried Exhibition, Blue Ridge, GA
- June 5-7: Rittenhouse Square: The Original Art Show, Philadelphia, PA.June 29-July 5: Telluride Plein Air, Telluride, CO. Juried as one of 32 artists who will spend the week painting this very cool town lined with Victorian houses, bustling street against a gorgeous mountainous backdrop.July 11-12: Wickford Art Festival, Wickford, RI.
- Paint with Me in Italy Plein Air Workshop: July 27 to August 2, 2015. Registration is now open. (This is where "Piemonte Lunch" was "born"!)
- See the Events page for more info/updates
- Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat.,
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel