|"Pairs of Parakeets" in progress, oil, 24"h x 12"w, ©Jill Banks 2015|
Being pet-less, an outing to the pet store with daughter Sarah and daughter-in-law Michelle gave me time to watch the birds while they shopped the aisles.
They came out with toys for their cats ... and I exited with a plan for a painting.
My first bird painting started with "Blue" -- a bluebird that was awarded Best in Show in the Bird Show for Great Falls Studios. Also part of that exhibit was my painting of a turkey (which won "Best Turkey"). These were followed by "Pretty Girl Hen" that was chosen as one of artworks for the Richeson75 Animal, Birds and Wildlife competition (75 pieces of art are chosen worldwide by some very fine wildlife artists).
And, plenty of other bird paintings have followed. Lots of chickens!
This is my first showing of parakeets.
Another bird painting "Chicken Chat" is being picked up at ArtSpace Herndon tomorrow as Randy and take down my "Warm Observations: People and Places" solo exhibition. "Chicken Chat" has yet to be adopted ... and "Pair of Parakeets" will join it in the Animals gallery in my web site. Take a look.
I indicated prices will be going up in February for my art. February 27 is the last date at 2014 prices.
|"Chicken Chat," oil, 16"h x 20"w,©Jill Banks 2014|
Events and Exhibits
- February: "The Art of Romance," Atelier Group Exhibition, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA.Open Wed. and Sat., noon to 4pm
- April 9 - May 1: Women Painters of the Southeast Annual Juried Exhibition, Blue Ridge, GA
- June 5-7: Rittenhouse Square: The Original Art Show, Philadelphia, PA.June 29-July 5: Telluride Plein Air, Telluride, CO. Juried as one of 32 artists who will spend the week painting this very cool town lined with Victorian houses, bustling street against a gorgeous mountainous backdrop.July 11-12: Wickford Art Festival, Wickford, RI.
- Paint with Me in Italy Plein Air Workshop: July 27 to August 2, 2015. Registration is now open. (This is where "Piemonte Lunch" was "born"!)
- See the Events page for more info/updates
- Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat.,
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel