Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Making A List, Checking It Twice...

Discussions in the Dining Room
Pat and Doug with their purchase, "Cubanelle and Roses"
Today I'm recovering from a great Annual Home Studio Open House Collectors Party, this time held over two days -- Sunday and Monday and in a new location (Randy's and my new townhome).  Phew!

Thank you to all who came, all who helped, all who circled pieces on the lengthy list of paintings and drawings hung throughout the house, all who wished us well and tried to carve out time for a visit during this ridiculously busy time of year.

Four paintings headed off to new homes while others are being pondered.  I can't wait to see what's decided upon ... what goes to whom, where. (We deliver locally, help select just the right spot, celebrate!)

Master bedroom with "Crosswalk" and "Ebony and Ivory"
Many commented how different pieces looked ... hung in our home versus under a tent, on my web site, or in the studio.  Different, as in so much better.  Since that is the case, and not all of you could make it to the party, I'm posting some photos here. Perhaps there will be more to come. (Since I don't have a chance to change what arrives in your mailbox, check back at jillbanks.blogspot.com later.)

Randy during a rare break, at MY desk in the living room. "Two Kittens," "Heroes," "Chicken Chat" and "Sunflowers in My Studio II" shown there.
My Studio ... certainly a favorite spot!!!
"Garden Girl" reigns in the hallway
I love putting together the party because it's my BIG chance to share the joy of art, the holiday season, what I've been up to ... in the most personal, welcoming way possible.  My special guests have a pretty wonderful time.

Yea!!!!

Take a look at my web site, jillbanks.com -- many new images have been added, old "taken by me" photos of work have been replaced with Greg Staley's great professional photography -- so there's lots to see. Not as good as seeing the pieces in person, but pretty nice anyway.

Coming up December 13 & 14: The Great Falls Studios Holiday Show and Sale at the Wolftrap Education Center.  I hope to see you there. See info below and follow the link.

Events and Exhibits

  • Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
  • January 13-February 22, 2015: "With Easel, Will Travel" Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA. Reception: Saturday, January 17. Painting demonstration: Saturday, January 31. RSVP for painting demo.
  • See the Events page for more info/updates
Thanks for reading!

Jill

"Sticking Together" and "Italian Time" in the dining room
Sign Up for Winter Classes
I'll be teaching Portrait class on Sundays, 1:30 to 5:30pm starting January 25 for six sessions ... and Still Life on Tuesdays, 10am to 1pm starting January 13 for eight sessions.  Class size is limited ... sign up now. More info and a link to register is on my Classes page at www.JillBanks.com. Classes are filling rapidly ... REALLY rapidly.

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel



No comments: