Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Ahead and Treating Yourself

"Popsicle Toes," oil on canvas, 8"h x 6"w, ©Jill Banks ($350 unframed)
The image for today's post is a bit arbitrary. Two works in progress are not ready for prime time. Perhaps, tomorrow?

This piece, "Popsicle Toes" is another uncovered/discovered work found preparing for my Home Studio Open House. (Sort of like an archaelogical dig. Layers and layers of personal art history.) He navigated his way to the shelf between the curtains in my studio. A prime spot, just for me.

I can't remember the day, or the year he was painted. But, I do know that there is no other painting that shows my love of color better than this one.

A sign of my particular age and times that he's called "Popsicle Toes."

"Popsicle Toes" was placed there because this painting brings me joy.  Even though I was preparing Randy and my home for visitors to view the art -- pieces were placed where they would be seen by us. A painting to look at when putting up a blog post ("Chicken Chat"). Or what Randy would see while shaving ("Empress, Reading.") A painting of horses set next to my sink ("Green Pastures'). The many works that I'd wake up to ... including "Crosswalk" that suddenly transports our bedroom to a spot in New York City.

My version of art on the walls is to show a bit of you to those who visit, share your home ... but its greatest role is to influence your day ... every day. Greet you. Meet you. Intrigue and enrich your life.

Can I help you with your last week of holiday shopping? Take a look at my web site: www.JillBanks.com, schedule a personal home studio visit (Northern Virginia) or your own home visit or delivery.

Events and Exhibits
  • Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
  • January 13-February 22, 2015: "Warm Observations: People and Places" Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA. Reception: Saturday, January 17. Painting demonstration: Saturday, January 31. RSVP for painting demo.
  • See the Events page for more info/updates
Thanks for reading!

Jill

Sign Up for Winter Classes
I'll be teaching Portrait class on Sundays, 1:30 to 5:30pm starting January 25 for six sessions ... and Still Life on Tuesdays, 10am to 1pm starting January 13 for eight sessions.  Class size is limited ... sign up now. More info and a link to register is on my Classes page at www.JillBanks.com. Classes are filling rapidly ... REALLY rapidly.

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel

No comments: