Monday, December 1, 2014

Italy, Italy, Italy

Obviously, this beautiful place doesn't stray far from my thoughts.

One, Italy
I finally am getting around to posting "Pool Side" -- my demo the first night of the Paint with Me in Italy 2014 trip.  This is the kind of view it is impossible to tire of ... even for my jetlagged students who got to stumble off the plane, right toward the vineyard to watch me paint.

The only "tweak" I made to this one was to sign my name. 

"Pool Side," oil, 8"h x 10"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
Two, Italy
Much more work done on "Reverence" yesterday and today. It depicts the church in La Morra, Italy I'd almost missed out on entering.

"Reverence," oil, 36"h x 36"w, ©Jill Banks 2014



(I'll try to take better photos in the day time ... soon.)

Three, Italy
The dates are chosen to return for the Paint with Me in Italy Workshop #2 -- July 27 to August 2, 2015.  More info will be on my web site soon.  Maybe you will be one of the ten lucky folks to join in the fun and wonder! If you REALLY want to be tempted, take a look at the photos from this year's workshop on my web site here.

Events and Exhibits

  • Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
  • January 13-February 22, 2015: "With Easel, Will Travel" Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA. Reception: Saturday, January 17. Painting demonstration: Saturday, January 31. RSVP for painting demo.
  • See the Events page for more info/updates
Thanks for reading!

Jill

Sign Up for Winter Classes
I'll be teaching Portrait class on Sundays, 1:30 to 5:30pm starting January 25 for six sessions ... and Still Life on Tuesdays, 10am to 1pm starting January 13 for eight sessions.  Class size is limited ... sign up now. More info and a link to register is on my Classes page at www.JillBanks.com. Classes are filling rapidly ... REALLY rapidly.

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel

No comments: