Sunday, July 13, 2014

Time in Wickford, Rhode Island

"Wickford Harbor (Logan's View)," oil, 12"h x 16"h, ©Jill Banks 2014, private collection
Since I'm a bit zonked from a full, exciting weekend (and life), here's again a quick post. My debut at the Wickford Fine Art Festival (its 52nd year) was a thrilling success. I LOVE it here!! Four folks have officially become new collectors of my work and I'd bet many, many more will at least be great enthusiasts. What an amazing weekend.

Wonderful visitors.

As a tradition to continue, on Friday, pre-tent setup I painted in Wickford Harbor. Painting, discovery, meeting you is what this is all about.

Among stiff competition, those hours were my favorites. "Wickford Harbor (Logan's View)" was one of the four paintings that headed to new homes with happy owners.  Pretty darn cool.

What an amazing place. Wonderful  people. Wonderful memories.  Great fellow artists. Thank you!

Westport Fine Arts Festival is next weekend. Can it hold a candle to this?

Coming Up
  • July 19 & 20: the 41st Annual Westport Fine Art Festival, Westport, CT.
  • Aug. 16-Oct. 12: Paint the Shenandoah Exhibition, River District Arts, Sperryville, VA
  • Aug. 23-24: Shadyside: The Art Festival on Walnut Street, Pittsburgh, PA
  • September 13 & 14: Alexandria (King Street) Art Festival, Alexandria, VA
  • September 20 & 21: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, New York
  • October 5: McLean MPA Artfest, Sunday, October 5, McLean, VA. 52 artists in McLean Central Park
  • Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
  • Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
  • Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
  • See the Events page for more info/updates
Thanks for reading,

Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com


Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)
Paint with Me in Italy: August 3 to 10, 2014. For more info, itinerary and links to register, see the classes page on my web site. Great folks are signing up to join me on this wonderful adventure. I hope you can, too!

No comments: