|The back wall of my booth at Amagansett -- temporarily before packing it back up again|
|One of my neighbors taking a brief nap ... hoping for better weather|
I only got little glimpses of the work around me as most of us seal up the tents as they are being assembled to protect the art. There are only 30 artists in the show ... quality vs. quantity ... waiting to greet visitors:
Saturday, July 5, 10am to 6pm
Sunday, July 6, 10am to 5pm
15 Montauk Highway (at the American Legion), Amagansett, NY in the Hamptons. Free to the public. Free parking.
Despite an inauspicious start, we've been thoroughly enjoying this gorgeous spot. The nurseries are competing feverishly for the prettiest display. Houses are definitely New England beach, high contrast, white trim. Windmills. Fantastic seafood. Tons to do and see.
Looking forward to the rest of the weekend.
Alexandria King Street Art Festival
I'm extremely excited to be participating in the Alexandria King Street Art Festival this September. This is one of the top art festivals in the country -- rated by many artists as the favorite they do all year -- extremely competitive to be juried into AND in my home area. Yea!!!! I hope you'll join me September 13 & 14 in Alexandria, VA for what promises to be an outstanding show.
As shown in the rained out pictures above and probably as an idea floating around in your head, taking one's art on the road has its unglamorous, bumps in the road side -- for sure. Still, as I look around me here in the Hamptons (if it hadn't poured, I wouldn't have had the chance to explore as much) -- there is confidence that those visiting this weekend will embrace my art as they have this spot. Just as I passed a house whose woodworking adorning its front porch made me say "Wow. Wow. Wow" -- those same words may also be uttered by someone stepping into my mini gallery under a tent. Then, I'll forget about the rain and when parts of the tent wouldn't come together ... and how I couldn't include any of my extra paintings in packing the van that is still filled to the gills.
- July 4, 5, 6: Amagansett Fine Art Festival, Amagansett, New York (just east of East Hampton)
- July 12 & 13: the 52nd Wickford Art Festival, Wickford, RI. Over 200 artists from New England, US and beyond.
- July 19 & 20: the 41st Annual Westport Fine Art Festival, Westport, CT.
- Aug. 16-Oct. 12: Paint the Shenandoah Exhibition, River District Arts, Sperryville, VA
- Aug. 23-24: Shadyside: The Art Festival on Walnut Street, Pittsburgh, PA
- September 13 & 14: Alexandria (King Street) Art Festival, Alexandria, VA
- September 20 & 21: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, New York
- October 5: McLean MPA Artfest, Sunday, October 5, McLean, VA. 52 artists in McLean Central Park
- Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
- Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
- Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
- See the Events page for more info/updates
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)
Paint with Me in Italy: August 3 to 10, 2014. For more info, itinerary and links to register, see the classes page on my web site. Great folks are signing up to join me on this wonderful adventure. I hope you can, too!