|"The Inn," oil on linen-lined panel, 18"h x 24"w, ©Jill Banks 2014: painted on Friday, June 27 as part of the Paint the Shenandoah Plein Air Invitational sponsored by River City Arts in Sperryville, VA|
Well, I wasn’t really (kickin' and screamin') – but husband Randy did have his hands full getting me to see the wisdom in putting our house on the market and embracing a move to a turnkey (as in say bye, turn the key, and worry not) homestead.
|My New Neighbor ... Photo taken through the window|
A house that feels like a home, already. There was even a rabbit welcoming me from our patio in the first few hours in the space.
So, that’s way cool. And, I'm as happy as can be.
Fantastic Home Studio Open House
Perhaps I should have started with that. On Sunday, June 29 – we held a Home Studio Open House, Summer edition for the 45+ folks – collectors, current students, Paint with Me in Italy workshoppers, art enthusiasts – who were invited for one last look (and art-shopping opportunity) at my work hanging in the gorgeous Reston home not many people want me to leave.
Nine pieces were purchased (plus two more purchased and picked up) at the Open House. Everyone had a fantastic time. Workshoppers met their fellow adventurers.
I have plenty more to say ... lots of great news ... but will save some of it for this month's email newsletter which will hopefully be sent on its way to your mailboxes tomorrow. If you're not a subscriber (to the newsletter vs. my blog) -- I hope you sign up now at www.jillbanks.com. (I bet you'll love it.)
Tomorrow we're off to the Hamptons! At least part way ... to put up a tent full of art at the Amagansett Fine Art Festival open July 4, 5 & 6. Can't wait!!!!!
- June 26-29: Paint the Shenandoah Plein Air Paintout, Sperryville, VA and vicinity
- July 4, 5, 6: Amagansett Fine Art Festival, Amagansett, New York (just east of East Hampton)
- July 12 & 13: the 52nd Wickford Art Festival, Wickford, RI. Over 200 artists from New England, US and beyond.
- July 19 & 20: the 41st Annual Westport Fine Art Festival, Westport, CT.
- Aug. 16-Oct. 12: Paint the Shenandoah Exhibition, River District Arts, Sperryville, VA
- Aug. 23-24: Shadyside: The Art Festival on Walnut Street, Pittsburgh, PA
- September 13 & 14: Alexandria (King Street) Art Festival, Alexandria, VA
- September 20 & 21: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, New York
- October 5: McLean MPA Artfest, Sunday, October 5, McLean, VA. 52 artists in McLean Central Park
- Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
- Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
- Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
- See the Events page for more info/updates
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)
Paint with Me in Italy: August 3 to 10, 2014. For more info, itinerary and links to register, see the classes page on my web site. Great folks are signing up to join me on this wonderful adventure. I hope you can, too!