|"Duck Soup," oil, 30"h x 24"w, ©Jill Banks 2014|
Before I left to head to Westport, "Duck Soup" was the painting on my easel. It was great to return to it today.
The scene is one I passed by over and over again this Spring in Florence, Italy. This street-side shop fascinated me -- with objects oddly combined -- being arranged but also tempting an avalanche. I'll let this settle for a bit. It may be finished or maybe not. An objective look later will let me know.
We're moving soon. The walls are getting more bare (thanks to Randy) and it's time to empty cupboards, desks, studio, sort. Actually, past time, as the recent bustle has made this effort, well, late. Packers will come but there's much we'd prefer to handle ourselves. (I don't want to spend a month figuring out where the salt shaker is. Or lose a one-of-a-kind piece from my year sculpting.)
|"The Dock Shop," oil, ©Jill Banks 2014 went to a new home via the Westport Fine Arts Festival|
Coming up very soon is ... Italy, Part 2 (in the wine region of Piemonte). I don't know how reliable my Internet connection will be for the next few weeks -- with the move, B&Bs in Italy, travel, etc. but will try to keep you posted on the great adventure and workshop that awaits.
- Aug. 16-Oct. 12: Paint the Shenandoah Exhibition, River District Arts, Sperryville, VA
- Aug. 23-24: Shadyside: The Art Festival on Walnut Street, Pittsburgh, PA
- September 13 & 14: Alexandria (King Street) Art Festival, Alexandria, VA
- September 20 & 21: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, New York
- October 5: McLean MPA Artfest, Sunday, October 5, McLean, VA. 52 artists in McLean Central Park
- Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
- Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
- Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
- See the Events page for more info/updates
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)
Paint with Me in Italy: August 3 to 10, 2014. For more info, itinerary and links to register, see the classes page on my web site. Great folks are signing up to join me on this wonderful adventure. I hope you can, too!