Thursday, July 10, 2014

"Il Gatto II" and Wickford Bound

"Il Gatto II," cat from Venice, oil, 16"h x 20"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
This is the cat that greeted me as Randy and I wandered around searching for our hotel this April in Venice. (iPhone GPS does not work on those canalside paths.)

He/she was hunting and putting on quite a show.

"Tavern Shops," oil, 16"h x 20"w, ©Jill Banks 2014 painted during Paint the Shenandoah in Washington, VA

Speaking of shows, I'm heading off to Wickford, Rhode Island for the Wickford Arts Festival being held this weekend, Saturday and Sunday, July 12 (10am to 6pm) and July 13 (10am to 5pm).  In my previous travels, I've heard great things about this event and town.  Have any friends near? Tell them about it. My work and I can be found in Booth #85.

Time to finish packing and hit the road.

Coming Up

  • July 12 & 13: the 52nd Wickford Art Festival, Wickford, RI. Over 200 artists from New England, US and beyond.
  • July 19 & 20: the 41st Annual Westport Fine Art Festival, Westport, CT.
  • Aug. 16-Oct. 12: Paint the Shenandoah Exhibition, River District Arts, Sperryville, VA
  • Aug. 23-24: Shadyside: The Art Festival on Walnut Street, Pittsburgh, PA
  • September 13 & 14: Alexandria (King Street) Art Festival, Alexandria, VA
  • September 20 & 21: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, New York
  • October 5: McLean MPA Artfest, Sunday, October 5, McLean, VA. 52 artists in McLean Central Park
  • Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
  • Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
  • Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
  • See the Events page for more info/updates
Thanks for reading,

Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com


Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)


Paint with Me in Italy: August 3 to 10, 2014. For more info, itinerary and links to register, see the classes page on my web site. Great folks are signing up to join me on this wonderful adventure. I hope you can, too!

No comments: