Friday, April 4, 2014

Time By the Water

"Riverside," oil, 12"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
The last two days I've been painting en plein air -- by the water. I've yet to get a decent photo of yesterday's piece capturing a fisherman named Billy at Lake Fairfax in Reston VA. So ... coming soon.

"Two Boats," oil, 10"h x 8"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
This afternoon was spent happily capture boats riverside in Old Town Alexandria. Plenty of company visited with me both days. Great reactions despite the often rocky progression of these pieces.

For the first, "Two Boats" -- miraculously, I kept it simple. Certainly not my normal inclination.

The second, "Riverside" shows I can't keep it simple for very long.  Still, it captures the beautiful day, beautiful spot.

Tomorrow (Saturday, April 5, 3 to 5pm) is the the opening reception for the Fine Art Professionals of Northern Virginia exhibit at the Delaplaine Arts Center in Frederick, MD. I'm looking forward to the trip, the opening and enjoying a nice evening in this great town. I hope to see you there. If you miss the opening, the show continues through April 28. Get more info on my web site's event page.

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Web: www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)


March 5 - December: Richeson75 Still Life and Floral 2014  Two of my paintings: "Honey Bunny" and "Garden Girl" were chosen as finalists in this online competition and exhibition. 75 total works were selected for this exhibition from entries/artists worldwide. See the exhibit at
http://richeson75.com/stilllife/index.html

March 28 - April 18: Women Painters of the Southeast Third Annual Juried Members Exhibition  "Ballerinas I" was juried into this beautiful exhibit at Magnolia Gallery in Greensboro, GA. See my web site's Events page for more info.

April 5 - April 27: Fine Art Professionals of Northern Virginia at Delaplaine, Frederick, MD  Reception on Saturday, April 5, 3 to 5pm at the Delaplaine Art Center, 40 Carroll Street, Frederick, MD. On exhibit: "Main Street USA," "Tony" and "Ice Cold Lemonade."

May 3 & 4: Fairfax Fine Art Festival  I'll be under a tent in Fairfax Corners ... surrounded by artwork. Come visit/shop for original art. More details to come on my web site's Events page.
 
Paint with Me in Italy: August 3 to 10, 2014.
For more info, itinerary and links to register, see the classes page on my web site. Great folks are signing up to join me on this wonderful adventure. I hope you can, too!

No comments: