Monday, April 28, 2014

Burano, Italy: Every Day, Laundry Day

"Like Colors," oil, 11"h x 7"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
Maybe because they know how great it looks hanging there.

Short post because I'm back home. All messed up between Italian and US time. And, I teach tomorrow.

But, at the power of suggestion ... meeting up with the Selliers who were in my cafe nocturne scene in Venice (see previous post) ... unexpectedly ... we headed to Burano the next day. MANY paintings will follow but here is what I did that day, with my back against a very purple wall -- hoping like heck no one would clear the laundry line before I was done. Phew. Made it.

A new email newsletter will come out soon (so if you want to receive it ... subscribe through my web site). And, this coming weekend, May 3 & 4  -- I do hope you will come to see me at the Fairfax Fine Arts Festival being held in Fairfax Corners, VA. More info is on my web site. One more Italy trip blog post may come tomorrow -- depending on how productive the jet-lagged, time zone messed up version of me happens to be.

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jillbanks1@aol.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter:
News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)

 
May 3 & 4: Fairfax Fine Art Festival  I'll be under a tent in Fairfax Corners ... surrounded by artwork. Come visit/shop for original art. More details to come on my web site's Events page.

May 27-May 31: Mountain Maryland Plein Air I join 29 other artists juried from around the country to capture Cumberland MD and surrounding areas in this plein air competition and exhibition. Second time around.

May 31 & June 1: Great Falls Studios Spring Outdoor Art Festival  Two days with my work under a tent in the Great Falls Village Centre, corner of Georgetown Pike and Walker Road,  Great Falls, VA. Husband Randy will hold down “the Fort” on Saturday while I finish up at Mountain Maryland and then I hope to see you on Sunday, June 1!
 
March 5 - December: Richeson75 Still Life and Floral 2014  Two of my paintings: "Honey Bunny" and "Garden Girl" were chosen as finalists in this online competition and exhibition. 75 total works were selected for this exhibition from entries/artists worldwide. See the exhibit at http://richeson75.com/stilllife/index.html

Paint with Me in Italy: August 3 to 10, 2014. For more info, itinerary and links to register, see the classes page on my web site. Great folks are signing up to join me on this wonderful adventure. I hope you can, too!

No comments: