Thursday, April 3, 2014

"Augusta GA Fountain"

"Augusta, Georgia Fountain," oil, 12"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
Really quick. I painted between WPSE (Women Painters of the Southeast) receptions this past weekend in Augusta, GA. How great it was to see and feel Spring!!!!

This was right before the town filled with Masters enthusiasts. My easel was set up under a cherry tree bursting with blossoms. 

A little tough to then drive right back into winter-ish weather. One afternoon and nine hours in the car later and there were snow flurries and ugly weather. Yikes!

I still hope to get around to posting beaucoup photos from the WPSE exhibit. Life tends to overflow with plenty to share ... making it tough for me to keep up.

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Web: www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)


March 5 - December: Richeson75 Still Life and Floral 2014  Two of my paintings: "Honey Bunny" and "Garden Girl" were chosen as finalists in this online competition and exhibition. 75 total works were selected for this exhibition from entries/artists worldwide. See the exhibit at http://richeson75.com/stilllife/index.html

March 28 - April 18: Women Painters of the Southeast Third Annual Juried Members Exhibition  "Ballerinas I" was juried into this beautiful exhibit at Magnolia Gallery in Greensboro, GA. See my web site's Events page for more info.

April 5 - April 27: Fine Art Professionals of Northern Virginia at Delaplaine, Frederick, MD  Reception on Saturday, April 5, 3 to 5pm at the Delaplaine Art Center, 40 Carroll Street, Frederick, MD. On exhibit: "Main Street USA," "Tony" and "Ice Cold Lemonade."

May 3 & 4: Fairfax Fine Art Festival  I'll be under a tent in Fairfax Corners ... surrounded by artwork. Come visit/shop for original art. More details to come on my web site's Events page.
 
Paint with Me in Italy: August 3 to 10, 2014.
For more info, itinerary and links to register, see the classes page on my web site. Great folks are signing up to join me on this wonderful adventure. I hope you can, too!


See Current  and Upcoming Exhibits/Events


No comments: