Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Interior Painting: "Missing Mary Beth"

"Missing Mary Beth," oil, 16"h x 12"w, ©Jill Banks 2014

LOVED painting this today -- even though it came post-teaching, post-a-recovery-lunch.

On Sunday, Mary Beth Gaiarin came to sit for my portrait class for the second week in a row -- but in a different pose, dress, setup.  Each time she got up from the chair for a break, this is at least, approximately what I saw. Obviously, I'd like to have painted her in the chair, holding the flowers -- as she was -- but I also wanted to paint this scene. And, after all my still life students left for the day, I did.

The pillow on the chair is an image of a cat dressed up like Henry VIII -- a favorite purchase made at the Portobello Road Market in London. A piece of home in the classroom.

I was planning to post a series of inspirational interiors/still lifes -- including one seen in the Denver Art Museum of a whole room, an armchair with a fish in it -- but my photos of that are yet to be found. Oh well. The mystery of the July 7 & 8 photos still to be solved. Looked online, too. Wasn't patient enough, it seems.


Go see "Here and There" exhibit at the Old Brogue, 760C Walker Road, Great Falls, VA through February 28, 2014. Many folks are enjoying it. Hope you can, too. (It's online on my web site as well.)

Check out my Paint In Italy workshop, held August 2-10 on my website's classes page: www.JillBanks.com.


Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
 
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

Artists Atelier, Great Falls VA website: GreatFallsAtelier.com  
Paint in Italy Workshop: August 3 - 10, 2014: Info

EXHIBITS AND WORKSHOP 

February 1 - 28: "Here and There" Exhibit at Katie's Coffee at the Old Brogue
Check out my "Here and There" exhibit online or in person at Katie's Coffee at the Old Brogue, 760C Walker Road, Great Falls, VA. 

February 26-March 31: Spring Fever, Gallery in the Artists Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066. Open Wednesdays and Saturdays, noon-4pm.  I'll have one to four pieces in that exhibit. 


Paint with Me in Italy, August 3-10. See my Workshop page for details. I hope you can join us for one fantastic trip!

No comments: