Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Dreams

"Raggedy Ann," oil, 30"h x 30"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
First, my latest painting finished. I put the finishing touches on "Raggedy Ann" last night.

Right before I sat down to finish up my February 2014 email newsletter that's arrived in many mailboxes and opened over the last 24 hours.

Paint in Italy: Register Now
View from the Vineyard
I don't have much time to post this -- but with info just going up, the first person is signed up to Paint in Italy with me for a plein air workshop that is going to be great!!!

Go to my website's classes page for more info on the August 3 to 10 workshop I'll be conducting in the prestigious wine region of Piemonte. Honestly ... the itinerary, food, landscape, fun we'll have ... can't be beat. It's a dream I didn't even know to have, come true.

From my website, go to ViewFromAVineyard.com for more info on the itinerary and to register. 

"Here and There" Exhibit at Katie's Coffee at the Old Brogue
Also check out my "Here and There" exhibit online or in person at Katie's Coffee at the Old Brogue, 760C Walker Road, Great Falls, VA. Randy and I dined there tonight surrounded by my work. Not bad.

"Flowers, Chocolates and Romance" Exhibit at the Atelier
Stop in to see the latest exhibit in the gallery at the Artists' Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls. Open hours are Wednesdays and Saturdays, noon to 4pm. I'll be in some tomorrow (Wednesday, February 5) and Saturday, February 8. Come see and say hello.

Purchased Today: "Persimmons and Apple," oil, 8"h x 10"w,©Jill Banks 2013
Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
 
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

Artists Atelier, Great Falls VA website: GreatFallsAtelier.com

Events
February 1-28: Flowers, Chocolates and Romance, Gallery in the Artists Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066. One of our best exhibits of the year. Open Wednesdays and Saturdays, noon-4pm. Reception:
Art Night Out! 

Fundraiser for the Great Falls School of Art
Saturday, February 8, 6:30-9:00pm

Join us for a fun Art Night Out with artists, art enthusiasts and the community as we raise money to support the Great Falls Foundation for the Arts and GF School of Art. The event will feature wine & chocolate tastings along with a variety of romance foods. Guests can enjoy the "Flowers, Chocolate & Romance" Exhibit in the Gallery and floral art demonstration! Location: Artists' Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, 3rd Floor (Suite G), Great Falls, VA

Tickets: Guest - $75
VIP - $100 (includes 1 yr GFFFTA membership)
Patron - $200 (includes 1 yr GFFFTA membership and special recognition)
Sponsor - $500 (includes 1 yr GFFFTA membership and sponsor promotion) A portion of the ticket price is tax deductible, amounts provided with ticket purchase.

RESERVE TICKETS online at www.greatfallsart.org

February 1 to February 28: Jill Banks Solo Exhibit "Here and There" at Katie's Coffee in the Old Brogue, 760C Walker Road, Great Falls, VA. I'll be there painting at least one day during the month. See my web site (or the blog) for updates. View it online here. Nine original oils.



No comments: