Thursday, August 29, 2013

Post Plein Air

"Ice Cold Lemonade" from Frederick, MD, oil on linen-lined panel, 12"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2013
I returned to two pieces first painted plein air. One is from the Quick Draw for Easels in Frederick of an ice cream parlor on the corner. When I first painted it, the store was closed ... which meant the bear statue that attracted me was locked inside.

"St. Michael's Boathouse" from the Maritime Museum, oil, 12"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2013
The second is from the boathouse at St. Michael's Maritime Museum. Already liking this piece, I did more tweaking and refining -- less repainting.

Both may be destined for Artomatic@Frederick which Randy and I will be installing on Saturday.

Some framing is ahead.

Tomorrow (Friday, August 30) is the last day to see "Serendipity" -- my solo show at the Great Falls Library, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA. Get more info from my web site's Events page.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435


Events
Serendipity
Solo show at the Great Falls Library, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA. July 1 through August 31. Over 20 original oils. View the exhibit online.
 

6839 Redmond Drive, McLean, VA 22101
(703) 821-9501
Exhibit of six paintings including "Two Kittens," "Traffic Patterns," "Primary Colors," "Spanish Steps," "Second & Pine Streets," and "Sunlight, Sunflowers and Orange." Through September 15.

Lots are right around the corner ... take a look at the events page on my web site: www.jillbanks.com.



No comments: