Sunday, August 25, 2013

"Marais Day": How's Your Luck?

"Marais Day," oil, 10"h x 8"w, ©Jill Banks 2013
"Marais Day" is my 2013 contribution to the MPA McLean Artfest's Luck of the Draw event held during the Soiree, September 24, 2013.  The only way to take it home with you is to attend the Artfest Soiree! -- a terrific fundraising party, buy a ticket for the Luck of the Draw -- and hopefully select it before someone else does.  This is the first time I've painted something new for a donation.  I happen to love this painting and would happily hang it in my home. It reminds me of just how exciting it was to step out of the hotel doors each day during this Spring's 10-day trip to the City of Lights. Think of it reminding you daily of the joy of the place.

It's also the perfect representation of why you should be stopping by my MPA Artfest booth set up in McLean Central Park (at the corner of Old Dominion Drive and Route 123 -- Dolley Madison Blvd in McLean, VA) on Sunday, October 6, 10am-5pm. More of Paris, other views from nearby and throughout the US, and more will be waiting for you there.

Look for those paintings developing on my blog in the meantime. You don't need to wait for Artfest to purchase. Some Paris views are currently on exhibit in my "Serendipity" solo show at the Great Falls Library, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA through August 31. And you can see them online here also through the 31st. Or contact me if there's something else you'd like to see ... in person at my home studio or the Artists' Atelier, the studio I share with thirteen other artists at 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA.

Sign Up for Fall Classes and my Weekend Portrait Workshop
With my Still Life Class full, how about joining me for Plein Air Landscape class held on Wednesdays starting September 18? Or the new three-day weekend portrait workshop being held November 1-3 through the Great Falls School of Art?  Check out the classes page on my web site for more information, a link for online registration, supply list and more.

Last week to see "Serendipity" at the Great Falls Library, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA. Randy and I will be taking the show down, delivering paintings to new owners Saturday morning, August 31.

I'm off to an afternoon at Kidwell Farm -- easel time with the animals. Hooray!!! Got to go.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435


Events
Serendipity
Solo show at the Great Falls Library, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA. July 1 through August 31. Over 20 original oils. View the exhibit online.
 

6839 Redmond Drive, McLean, VA 22101
(703) 821-9501
Exhibit of six paintings including "Two Kittens," "Traffic Patterns," "Primary Colors," "Spanish Steps," "Second & Pine Streets," and "Sunlight, Sunflowers and Orange." Through August 25.

Lots are right around the corner ... take a look at the events page on my web site: www.jillbanks.com.

No comments: