Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The First Two Spoken For ... Neigh, Moo

"Horsepower," oil, 30"h x 24"w, ©Jill Banks 2013, private collection
With a long "to do" list to go, one of my key tasks today was to get to the library (Great Falls Library, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA 22066) to hang wall tags, drop off my show guest book, add labels for the August painting demonstration day to the postcards  for my "Serendipity" solo exhibit. The wall tags are the stories behind the 27 original paintings Randy and I hung so carefully there.

Before heading to the library, with my stomach growling, I sent a text to Randy to see if he wanted to meet me for lunch. Both of us were trying to cram a lot of work into a short window -- so he declined. In the spirit of my "Serendipity" exhibit, that was a good thing. (I wouldn't normally say that about missing out on time with my favorite date.) Instead of having lunch with him, I was at the library putting up tags -- which meant being there when a visitor came in to see the show.

"Grass Lunch," oil, 18"h x 24"w, ©Jill Banks 2013, private collection.
My visitor is a newly regular patron with GREAT taste -- the purchaser of "Stepping Out" and "Bunnies." Today, she was the first to sign my guest book ... with the message "Wonderful Paintings. Particularly love the animal paintings. Bought Two." And, so she did.  Added to her collection will be "Horsepower" and "Grass Lunch" although I think there were many contenders.

She's a regular reader of my blog and subscriber to my email newsletter (you can subscribe on my web site: www.jillbanks.com for an email newsletter that comes out every month or two). She watched both "Horsepower" and "Grass Lunch" develop (on the blog) and didn't want to miss out on the chance to own them -- but thought it would be better to see them in person versus just online.  Up close, they passed, it seems with flying colors.

My patron couldn't sleep last night -- worried about getting in to see the exhibit, make a decision,  and secure the piece(s) for her collection. She also didn't know how to make the transaction. Luck made it easy with some good timing.

If you'd like to make a purchase, it's easy -- just contact me. There always seems to be a lot going on in the meeting room -- but you are always welcome to look around at the exhibit, regardless.

The opening reception is on Saturday, July 20 1-4pm and I'll be doing a painting demonstration on Saturday, August 10, 1-4pm when it seems there's a very good chance that I'll be painting ballerinas. Those are great opportunities to meet and see the work ... but there are lots of days before/after and inbetween. Go see the show whenever you can. I'd be happy to meet you there. (Not for a little bit though ... there's a July 4th adventure ahead.)

It's been a great and busy day. I love knowing that my "kids" (not Sam and Sarah, but the painted variety) are going to great homes.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435


Events
Serendipity
Solo show at the Great Falls Library, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA. July 1 through August 31. Over 20 original oils. Reception: Saturday, July 20, 1-4pm. Demo days, too. Check web site for more details.
 

Solo Show at Greenberry's Coffee & Tea
6839 Redmond Drive, McLean, VA 22101
(703) 821-9501
Exhibit of six paintings including "Two Kittens," "Traffic Patterns," "Primary Colors," "Spanish Steps," "Second & Pine Streets," and "Sunlight, Sunflowers and Orange." Through June 30.






No comments: