Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tech and Treats Day

"Early Evening at the Town Center," oil, 22"h x 28"w, ©Jill Banks 2013
Today's mail brought 30 eagerly-awaited photos of recent paintings taken by master art photographer Greg Staley.  Yea! Now, I do have photos of all the paintings currently in my "Serendipity" show. Not all of them are up yet on my web site -- but two new ones are: "Early Evening in the Town Center" and "Notre Dame." Both have been added to the "Serendipity" exhibit preview that you can see here.  Plus, I replaced many of my not-so-great versions with new versions.

Just cataloging images takes time -- getting rid of the poor versions, setting up folders for each image in the correct categories, etc.

Since that was going well -- I finally created a full LinkedIn profile for me as artist and art educator/teacher. The next problem to solve is how to link you to my LinkedIn page.

That's a lot of technological stuff for a technologically-challenged individual.

A little test batch of what will be Orange-Chocolate Macaron sandwich cookies
Plus, today I am learning how to make French macarons -- those pretty little treats we saw all over Paris.  Assuming success, those will serve as some of the refreshments for my "Serendipity" exhibit reception this coming Saturday, July 20, 1-4pm at the Great Falls Library, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA. My idea is to include some culinary fun that complements the signs of adventure that is hanging up on the walls. Keep your fingers crossed.

My tutor for cooking macarons is Ann Reardon who explains the process brilliantly online.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435


Events
Serendipity
Solo show at the Great Falls Library, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA. July 1 through August 31. Over 20 original oils. Reception: Saturday, July 20, 1-4pm. Painting Demonstration (Painting ballerinas!!!): Saturday, August 10, 1-4pm. RSVP -- yeses only -- to the painting demonstration through my web site.
 


Solo Show at Greenberry's Coffee & Tea
6839 Redmond Drive, McLean, VA 22101
(703) 821-9501
Exhibit of six paintings including "Two Kittens," "Traffic Patterns," "Primary Colors," "Spanish Steps," "Second & Pine Streets," and "Sunlight, Sunflowers and Orange." Through June 30.

All-Media Membership Exhibit
The Art League Gallery, 105 N. Union Street, Alexandria, VA. "Artemis" won an Honorable Mention from juror Jerry Coulter. Also on view is "Peony and Rose" through August 5.

No comments: