Thursday, August 4, 2011

Back To "London Times" Rainy Street Scene

"London Times," 24"h x 36"w, oil on linen, ©Jill Banks 2011
I really enjoyed coming back to this painting ... of the rainy street in Covent Garden from Randy and my April trip to London. This was "the moment" from the evening with incredible reflections of the lights on pavement. While painting it, I've been thinking about a very nice meal we ate outside under the awning at Spaghetti House near the end of our journey.  For almost our whole trip, there was sunshine. I figured that I could rely on London to provide some wet streets. Perhaps the sunny weather was meant to make us go back another time.

Go to my web site gallery page and click on the Places Gallery to see more of my street and restaurant scenes from Italy, New York, Maryland, California and Virginia.

I'm still using a really limited palette, a la Kevin MacPherson's landscape sketch colors. I see it unifying the grays of the street, helping me to simplify the scene.

I put up two posts today. The first was "In the News" that has a listing of upcoming/current events for August. I hope to see you at some of those!

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: