Saturday, May 22, 2010

Painting Garlic: New in My Market Series

Tonight (any moment now), Randy and I are heading out for a wonderful Rome post-trip reunion party. Can't wait. Carciofi alla Romana (Artichokes Roman Style) is simmering on the stove. With Rome on my mind, I painted "Rope of Garlic" in the studio today. This garlic was hanging in the Campo dei Fiori market in Rome. That's the same market that inspired my "Fresh Produce" painting. Apropos, no?

See more of my market series on my web site in the places and still life galleries: www.jillbanks.com.

Tomorrow ... early ... I'm off to New York to paint/draw and see some Joaquin Sorolla (my favorite artist) murals for inspiration at the Hispanic Society of America. I'm really excited. I'll let you know what I think.

"Rope of Garlic" work in progress, oil on Raymar panel, 16"h x 20"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: