Monday, May 10, 2010

"Fresh Produce" Painting Continues

This painting was calling to me today... and I didn't want to stop, but have to pay attention to some other duties, too. Alas. I believe this is day three on this painting of a produce seller from Rome's Campo dei Fiori market. There's still more to do but I do like the way it's turning out.

In case you're looking at this photo of it and comparing it to day two's version -- you'll probably notice the change in color cast. The previous photo was warmer, more yellow and this one's cooler and more blue. The painting hasn't shifted. I photographed today's progress outside (cool light) and the earlier photo in my studio at night (yellow tungsten light).

Tomorrow's class day. I need to go gather my thoughts and my stuff.

Plus, I have some stiff, unhappy brushes that need a very good cleaning.

Life as an artist.

"Fresh Produce" work in progress, oil on Senso linen, 20"h x 16"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: