Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"Food and Wine" Painting of Burano Market Continued


After teaching today's Still Life class, I continued to work on this latest Market Series painting all day today. I still can't believe how many oranges there are to paint! It can be a bit overwhelming.

It's been a busy and funny week. Lots of different activities (photo shoot for a major portrait commission, attending openings of fellow artists Tricia Ratliff and Chris Rollins, missing an opening of my own at Chelsea 32 Art Gallery on Thursday (where Elaine Elinsky, Jennifer Duncan and I are represented in NYC), picking up paintings in Millwood, VA from the Art at the Mill show, going to my framer -- Framemasters -- to catch up on framing and painting lots of works in progress) -- none of which seemed like proper posts.

I did paint two ink washes yesterday that I think will make it in a future post.

This coming Saturday, I'll be exhibiting at the Great Falls Farmers' Market. I'm not sure exactly what I'll be showing there -- but it will certainly include some paintings from my Market Series. Seems apropos. Come see some paintings before I take them down to Chasen Galleries, my gallery in Richmond, VA next week. I'll be at the Farmers' Market, Saturday, May 16, 9am-1pm. It's in the parking lot in the Village Centre near the intersection of Walker Road and Georgetown Pike.

"Food and Wine" work in progress continued, oil on Senso linen, 24"h x 36"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

No comments: