Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"Best of Show" - More Info


"Orange Peeled" won the Bob Hof Award for "Best of Show" in the "Small Works" Exhibit at the Art League (Alexandria, VA). That's number 1 out of 538 entries. The awards ceremony will be at the Art League on Thursday, November 13 around 7pm. The reception runs from 6:30 to 9:30pm.

Randy and I went back down to Alexandria today to take a photo of "Orange Peeled" and one of me. There will be a lettering added to the wall plus a tag with blue ribbon before the awards ceremony comes around. I'll show you that next week.

The Art League is located at 105 North Union Street, Alexandria, VA.

My name also appears in the December issue of Artist's Magazine -- as I was a finalist in their Annual Art Competition. Just a note: in 2005, I won my first Best of Show at the Art League and was a finalist in Artist's Magazine's Annual Art Competition for the first time. This year is my second time winning both of those honors.

My Mom's doing better -- out of the ICU and emailing me encouraging words. That's the best news.

No comments: