Monday, November 10, 2008

This Painting a Day Took Two























I've been dying to post this one. I painted "Sunday Morning" on Saturday -- all day until my arm felt like it was going to fall off. Then I put some finishing touches on it today.

This is too large a painting for me to accomplish in one session -- at least for this detailed a style. It breaks every rule ... multiple objects, size of canvas, degree of finish. But I loved doing it!

I was tackling this project for two reasons ... my painting a day schedule plus my artist colleagues and I are putting on an exhibit of artwork featuring coffee cups (or teacups) to be displayed at the Conscious Bean in December. The Conscious Bean is a coffee shop across the street from my studio in Great Falls, VA. The Conscious Bean is located at: 10123 Colvin Run Rd
Great Falls, VA 22066. Phone: 571-237-3886

"Sunday Morning", 12" x 12", oil on canvas, copyright Jill Banks 2008. All rights reserved.

No comments: