Sunday, November 16, 2008

"Pumpkin Pie" Preview -- Another Two-Day Painting of the Day


I'm not quite done ... highlights on the porcelain tend to work better when the paint has had a chance to set up ... but I decided to offer a sneak peek at today's painting. By the way, whenever you see a painting on my blog, unless it's a commission, it is probably available for sale. This one will be soon. 12" x 12", oil on stretched canvas, copyright Jill Banks 2008. Contact me: jillbanks1@aol.com.

I've been busy this weekend with some different activities. Saturday a.m. I attended a marketing seminar offered by the Arts Council of Fairfax County and learned about a great site, artdc.org -- where I plan to post a bio and access regularly for all sorts of art-related info. In the afternoon, I attended Heidi Mraz's workshop on "PhotoShop Elements: Beyond the Basics". This is the third of Heidi's crash courses I attended and I learned a ridiculous amount. This info is going to help me so much in preparing my photos (for my blog and portfolio) and working with source photos for my paintings. It's incredible! Heidi again did an amazing job. I highly recommend attending her courses.

After that, I tried to paint -- working on my portrait commission -- but I wasn't in top form so I undid my errors and worked on a different painting a day of some candy bars. You will see that soon.

Tomorrow I'm helping to hang donated work in the Artists' Atelier (my shared studio at 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA) for this coming Friday's gala for the Great Falls Foundation for the Arts to help fund an expansion of the Great Falls School of Art where I teach. Tickets are $75. Over 50 pieces of art are being donated. Starting bids are set at 50% (to 70%) of retail so this is an excellent chance to help a good cause and possibly get a bargain on some high quality art. I hope to see you there. See the GFFFTA site (www.greatfallsfoundationforarts.org) for more info.

No comments: