Thursday, January 19, 2017

Hot Off the Easel: "Mandarins"

"Mandarins," oil, 36"h x 24"w, ©2017 Jill Banks
It's been a little while since I've painted a still life and a long while since painting a piece this particular size. (36" x 24" or a 3:2 ratio.) Really fun although my easel got a workout ... up and down to bring each part of the painting into my prime viewing area.  I guess it might have been a good idea for me to do the exercising ... squats and stretches. Or maybe not.

Close-up of "Mandarins," oil, 36"h x 24"w, ©2017 Jill Banks
I'm enjoying this last stretch of unscheduled, calmer time before classes start. Something else will be started in the studio tomorrow ... and the day after that.

There are still spaces available in my Evening Paint (Tuesday nights, 6:30-9:30pm starting January 31) and Portrait Painting class (Sunday afternoons, 1:30-5:30pm starting January 27). So ... if you'd like to join the class or know someone who would ... who lives somewhere in the DC metro area, I'd love to help you along on your artistic journey. Get more info on Classes at www.JillBanks.com. Any quesstions? Email me at jill@jillbanks.com. Thanks! (Classes are taught through the Arts of Great Falls School in Great Falls, Virginia.)
Classes info.

And my solo exhibit "The Road Show" of 20+ original oils is on view at the Great Falls Library, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, Virginia through January 31. I hope you have a chance to take a look. The meeting room -- where the exhibit is on view -- is frequently being used so don't be too surprised if there's a group inside.  Generally weekday afternoons are the safest bet but if you are planning a trip, please feel free to ask me about the schedule and I might just meet you over there as well. Email me at jill@jillbanks.com.


Or view most of  the exhibit online here.

AND, if you'd like to see more still lifes like "Mandarins," see the Still Life Gallery on my website here

Thank you for reading and your support... Hope to see you soon!

Jill
 


Best in Show -- BoldBrush Painting Competition September 2016 for "Daily Special" -- Hip Hooray! More info here.  


Blog: For my latest news and works, visit or subscribe to my blog Life as an Artist at jillbanks.blogspot.com




(Please like that page if you like it...)




No comments: