Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Classes, A New Still Life Start and Open Life

"Mandarins" work in progress, oil, 36"h x 24"w, ©2017 Jill Banks
Classes will soon begin with my Painting or  Drawing the Portrait starting January 29 and Tuesdays' Still Life Plus and Evening Paint starting January 31. If you've been thinking about taking a class, please take a look at my web site: www.JillBanks.com, Classes page for more info and to sign up.  Spaces available in the Portrait and Evening Paint class and I hope you sign up! (Classes are held weekly in the Arts of Great Falls School at 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA.

"Mandarins" is one of the first paintings of 2017. I've been working on starts for a few portrait commissions ... but need to take care of a couple of other steps before I can proceed with those. Thus ... I HAD to take advantage of a flower arrangement put together for a neat family gathering this past weekend, right?

I also had the pleasure of attending an open life in the Great Falls School last Friday afternoon. The two-and-a-half hour session was filled with short gestures and then a bit longer, then longer poses to finish out the day.  "Open Life Standing Pose" was the second to last
"Open Life Standing Pose," oil, about 18"h x 9"w, ©2017 Jill Banks
longer gesture. I painted instead of sketched because for me that's faster and more forgiving. For this piece I used Centurion Oil-Primed Deluxe Linen sheet, with a quick "wash" of yellow ochre, and then French Ultramarine Blue and Transparent Earth Red for my darks. There are a few other colors thrown in as well.

There's more to write ... but I'm out of time.

"The Road Show" Solo Exhibit Up Until January 31 at the Great Falls Library, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA
View the exhibit online at www.JillBanks.com

Get info about library hours here. (The library is closed on Sundays and January 16, January 20)

The meeting room -- where the exhibit is on view -- is frequently being used so don't be too surprised if there's a group inside.  Generally weekday afternoons are the safest bet but if you are planning a trip, please feel free to ask me about the schedule and I might just meet you over there as well. Email me at jill@jillbanks.com.

Thank you for reading and your support... Hope to see you soon!

Happy New Year!

Jill
 


Please sign up -- classes start the end of January


Painting or Drawing the Portrait -- January 29-March 5
Sundays, 1:30-5:30pm

 

January 31-March 7
Tuesdays, 6:30 to 9:30pm

 

January 31-March 7

Tuesdays, 10:30am to 1:30 pm


Click on links for more info and to register.


More of "The Road Show"




More of "The Road Show" with Emma ... just cuz

Best in Show -- BoldBrush Painting Competition September 2016 for "Daily Special" -- Hip Hooray! More info here.  


Blog: For my latest news and works, visit or subscribe to my blog Life as an Artist at jillbanks.blogspot.com



(Please like that page if you like it...)





No comments: