Friday, December 23, 2016

The Start of Something Big

"Fontana del Nettuno, Roma" work in progress, oil on linen, 30"h x 40"w, ©2016 Jill Banks
Ideas for 2017 are percolating like crazy.  I'm determined to line up a year to remember and this start for "Fontana del Nettuno" translated as the Fountain of Neptune from Piazza Navona in Rome is a hint for what is yet to come.

Larger canvases will be planned, stretched and painted. There just might be a patron program (business and residential) for major works so you get something phenomenal and I have the joy of creating it. Stay tuned.

En Plein Air Texas has pushed me in a new direction -- to create much larger works plein air. That will take some practice, some different equipment and a new mindset.  Can't wait! May have to escape the cold weather to try that out pre-Spring.

I do have a solo show coming up in January in Great Falls, Virginia. A reception date is tentatively planned for January 28. I bet "Fontana del Nettuno" will be there.  Please make sure you're subscribed to my email newsletter on my web site: www.JillBanks.com to get word and hopefully, you'll pass it on. There won't be a snail mail postcard this time and the reception date will not be finalized until late January. You'll get other news about the exhibit here.

See more at www.JillBanks.com

Stay safe and warm out there! Thank you for reading and your support...

Happy Holidays & Happy New Year!

Jill


 
 
Classes Start in January -- Ho, Ho, Ho
Three to Choose From ... I know you're busy now but hope you'll sign up for my Evening Paint and Portrait class.  Make 2017 the start of something big for you!
Painting or Drawing the Portrait -- January 29-March 5
Sundays, 1:30-5:30pm
January 31-March 7
Tuesdays, 6:30 to 9:30pm
January 31-March 7
Tuesdays, 10:30am to 1:30 pm
Click on links for more info and to register. A GREAT gift! ALMOST FULL!


Best in Show -- BoldBrush Painting Competition September 2016 for "Daily Special" -- Hip Hooray! More info here.  
Blog: For my latest news and works, visit or subscribe to my blog Life as an Artist at jillbanks.blogspot.com
(Please like that page if you like it...)




No comments: