Friday, December 30, 2016

Longing For Italy

"Sanctuary," oil, 36"h x 36"w, ©2016 Jill Banks
I've a really bad case of wanderlust at the moment ... specifically for a trip to Italy.  As the season changes and cold settles in, it's tough to adjust each year from the freedom to head outdoors with my easel to figuring out what to do in the studio instead. So for the past two weeks I've been combining that longing for Italy with what's on my canvas. It's Rome.

"Sanctuary" could have been set closer to home, though, right? The other painting that has been alternating with "Sanctuary" up on my easel is "Fontana del Nettuno" (or Neptune Fountain) -- is from Piazza Navona in Rome. That one's just finished today. (I showed you it in an earlier stage on my blog post here.)

"Fontana del Nettuno," (Piazza Navona, Rome, Italy), oil, 30"h x 40"w, ©2016 Jill Banks
Both will be included in my solo show at the Great Falls Library (Great Falls, VA) that we'll be hanging on January 3, 2017. More details to come once I figure them out. (I'm usually more prepared.)

As I've noted earlier, there won't be a postcard mailing for this show since it's been tough to work out a date to gather there. So, hopefully you'll stay tuned here and are subscribed to my email newsletter through my web site.

See more at www.JillBanks.com

Stay safe and warm out there! Thank you for reading and your support...

Happy New Year!

Jill
 

 
Please sign up -- classes start the end of January

Three to Choose From ... I know you're busy now but hope you'll sign up for my Evening Paint and Portrait class.  Make 2017 the start of something big for you!
Painting or Drawing the Portrait -- January 29-March 5
Sundays, 1:30-5:30pm
January 31-March 7
Tuesdays, 6:30 to 9:30pm
January 31-March 7
Tuesdays, 10:30am to 1:30 pm
Click on links for more info and to register. A GREAT gift! ALMOST FULL!


Best in Show -- BoldBrush Painting Competition September 2016 for "Daily Special" -- Hip Hooray! More info here.  

Blog: For my latest news and works, visit or subscribe to my blog Life as an Artist at jillbanks.blogspot.com





(Please like that page if you like it...)







No comments: