Tuesday, October 25, 2016

TV Interview and Fun in San Angelo

Now I've survived "Ranch Day" (I actually LOVED it), a TV interview while just setting up downtown and gotten a few paintings "under my belt" in En Plein Air Texax 2016. I'll try to get the link to my 2 minutes of fame up sometime soon.
"Cactus Corner," oil, 20"h x 16"w, copyright 2016 Jill Banks

Here's a snapshot of a couple of them. The best -- so far -- came yesterday and today. That's uphill. Good thing.

"Cactus Corner" is the painting I was just toning my canvas for when the news reporter pulled up. Great guy! Nice questions. Poised even when slightly rattled painter. At least sort of.

Everyone here is beyond gracious. Welcoming. Celebratory. Beautiful.

And, the weather's been perfect.

More to come... but with some delays inbetween. We've had full days with breakfasts, lunches, dinners, lots of visitors and a one-hour time difference.

Oh, and I left behind my SLR camera before heading to San Angelo. With a history of selling LOTS of artwork here -- hopefully -- many of my pieces will go away without proper documentation -- as in, poorly photographed. That'd be okay.

Thanks for reading!

"Concho Alley," oil, 12"h x 16"w, copyright 2016 Jill Banks -- for sale at Gallery Verde in San Angelo, TX this week
Jill

EVENTS
Best in Show -- BoldBrush Painting Competition September 2016 for "Daily Special" -- Hip Hooray! More info here.
OCTOBER 23-30  En Plein Air Texas
I'm one of 35 lucky artists selected to paint for a week in San Angelo, Texas! Can't wait!

Two paintings "Water Under the Bridge" and "Rock Climber" on view at the Peale Museum in Baltimore

  
SEPTEMBER 30- OCTOBER 29 Oil Painters of America Salon Show, Castle Gallery of Fine Art, Fort Wayne, Indiana. "Janssen's Market" selected for this prestigious show.
Thanks for reading!
Jill Banks
www.JillBanks.com

 
Blog: For my latest news and works, visit or subscribe to my blog Life as an Artist at jillbanks.blogspot.com
(Please like that page if you like it...)



No comments: